Deeper Knowledge, Endless Potential.
Take control of your financials. Learn to maintain your accounting records according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Gain confidence. Confidently manage your financial operation through improved understanding of accounting terminology and processes.
Gain insight. Understand how to assess and improve the financial health and profitability of your business.
Grow your business. Position your business for long-term success.
The objective of the Financial Accounting course is to provide students with the fundamental knowledge necessary to become an entry-level bookkeeper. This intensive, course will develop your skills to successfully handle the basic accounting tasks common to any business.
This program fully demonstrates the importance and functionality of proper accounting in business financial management. In addition to being the prerequisite to the AIPB Bookkeeper Certification Program, this course is ideal for business owners, managers, and bookkeepers who want a better understanding of the accounting cycle, transaction processes, and financial statements in order to better manage their business financials.
Upon successfully completing this course, students will be able to perform the following accounting tasks:
- Prepare journal entries to record accounting transactions using the debit and credit process
- Enter and post accounting transactions from the journals to general ledger accounts
- Prepare adjusting entries to arrive at an adjusted trial balance
- Compile a Balance Sheet and Income Statement from the adjusted trial balance
- Prepare and post the end of the accounting period closing entries
- Analyze financial reports for the purpose of making business decisions
1. Introducing Financial Accounting
2. Accounting for Transactions
3. Preparing Financial Statements
4. Merchandising Operations
6. Cash & Internal Controls
8. Long-Term Assets
9. Current Liabilities
10. Long-Term Liabilities
12. Cash Flows
13. Financial Statements
Summer 2018 Course Schedule
Dates: June 28th – August 30th, 2018
Times: Every Thursday from 8:00 AM – Noon
Location: ebs Learning Center
Live In Person: 7150 SW Hampton Street, Suite 224, Tigard, OR 97223
Live Online: Students can now attend virtually via GoToWebinar
Please call 503-885-0776 or email email@example.com